Kolkata flyover collapse LIVE: As of now 21 are dead, 85 injured, says Mamata Banerjee
– As of now 21 are dead, 85 injured out of which 2 are very serious: WB CM.
– 3 more NDRF teams sent to Kolkata bridge collapse spot keeping in view the prolonged rescue ops. 10 teams with 400 rescuers on spot now.
– In view of the tragic flyover collapse, Facebook has activated its safety check feature for people in Kolkata which will allow its users to mark themselves ‘safe’ – PTI.
– Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar informs that 3 offices of IVRCL were raided but no one was found there: Report.
– 6-member fact finding committee formed to look into the incident.
– 3 FIRs registered against the IVRCL infrastructure company including at Jorasanko Police Station.
– At least 18 people are reported killed as of now.
– CBI registers case against 4 persons and a company from Kolkata for allegedly cheating SBI of Rs 34.46 crore in name of loan. Further investigation is on.
– 5 NDRF teams are working with 268 personnel, they are trying to locate trapped victims. OP Singh, DG, NDRF.
– Manohar Parrikar expresses shock and grief over loss of life in Kolkata flyover collapse, instructs Armed Forces to provide all necessary support.
– PM called me up and I apprised him of the rescue operations being carried out by the NDRF in Kolkata. We’ll provide maximum assistance possible: Rajnath Singh.
– 45% work was left, one girder missed and second one fell. It is nothing but God’s act. This has never happened before, we are also in shock. KP Rao, IVRCL Infrastructure company on Kolkata bridge.
– Army sends 6 more ambulances at the spot. 5 army columns deployed at the accident site.
Deepak J. Prasad